Site Meter

Saturday, May 12, 2007

From End to Beginning

This blog has come to its natural end. This blog was intended to describe my experiences as a turbaned guy trying to find a soul mate. Complex issues that spanned across the dogmas of male-female relationships, racist attitudes and our own sometimes irrational fears. At any rate, this blog later morphed into my personal ode to a woman I knew as C. The mystery of C.

With passage of time, people change and things change.The winds of time carve out different things out of people and things. What remains sometimes are some dregs of emotions. Something similar happened to me. With time, C and I drifted apart. To be honest. there was a lot of drama involved here that should beat any day spa on tv any time of the day but in the interest of time and dignity, suffice it to say that the severance was not a smooth process. There was blood, there was grime and finally the cord was cut.

To condense these events over time, C went on to find another man and is happily dating and enjoying the joys of life. On my side, well, I am not doing too bad either. I am finally engaged. You heard it right, Harry Singh finally laid down his arms and held his arms up in surrender, only to be touched by an angel, clad in white, with a smile that can send sunshine down the deepest crevices of netherlands (not mine,but in general). So, yeah, I am engaged and am going to marry her in the next few months.

As I lay the final stone on this blog, I am also laying the foundation of a new blog, " The Arranged Marriage". I will describe the experiences of a guy who was vehemently opposed to the idea of arranged marriage and now will learn the ways of the new world. So, those of you, who are interested, please stay tuned in.

One last word. This blog has C written all over it. It is sort of my Taj Mahal, where memories of the past are interred. The bricks of this edifice are glued together with my feelings and emotions. The echos of her laughter will bounce off the walls of this structure. It will be a monument dedicated to the year 2006 when two strangers met and had wierd but sometimes funny interactions. However, we must move on and old things must die so that new ones may live.

In the next few days, I will start my new blog with pictures of my self and fiancee and a brief description of the twist in the time-space-continuum that brought us together.

12 Comments:

Blogger Gursharan Singh said...

excellent! Glad to hear that you evolved beyond C for good. Good luck.

10:54 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger *** said...

Gud luck with your endeavors Harry! Looking fwd to yet another maddening blog of yours! :D

2:38 PM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger niruishi said...

so you are finally getting married harry! congratulations !

as far as marriage being happy and fulfilling goes love is can come before or after a marriage , its compatibility that guides the happiness in a marriage and i feel even though i married big time for love arranged marriages are great way to a successful marriage as you just have more help with compatibility issues than just your gut response to a person.

loving people is just so easy if you can muster a non conditioned mind.

so enjoy your fiancee for just who she is and not what u wished for and you will see that you will feel so warm and fulfilled with the love she will be giving to you!

Motto here to remeber is :Receive the love with appreciation and return it with sincerity! soon you will never remember when or where the heartbreaks happened!

well alls well that ends well!

niruishi

6:13 AM, May 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

sadly your new blog is only opened to invited readers sigh :(

6:16 AM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Herbivore said...

pls invite me to our new blog!

11:16 PM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Angad Singh said...

Gur Fateh ji!

Congrats your getting married after all :D

do send me an invitation to you new blog

Take care !

Guru Rakaha

11:54 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger *** said...

Hi, Harry! If you've started your new blog, can you send me an invite (as I see ppl commenting abt it).

Thanks!

12:32 PM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger *** said...

Hi Harry, If you've started your new blog, can you send me an invite.

Thanks!

12:33 PM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Gurpreet Singh Modi said...

congratulations!!! its great to hear that you are finally getting married. Good Luck

8:25 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Gurpreet Singh Modi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:27 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Harry, my name is Gulzar Singh and I have been a passive reader of your blog for a long time. Like most of us here, I'm a bachelor and I get great satisfaction from reading your posts and am looking forward to reading your latest blog. May you please invite me to view your new blog?

cheers!

2:08 AM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Maharaja said...

Many Congratulations ji!! It's great to know that you found your soulmate. I hope you two find all the joys and happiness in life. But don't stop writing as you are blessed with excellent writing skills and it's a pleasure to read your blog. Best of luck!!

3:49 AM, August 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home