Site Meter

Thursday, March 02, 2006

An evening to remember

There are times in one's life when one feels the need to close one's eyes and thank God. Yesterday was one of those days. Inspired by all the comments and by other people, I had finally mustered up enough courage to ask a very special lady out. It was an awkward question and I found myself fumbling for words (I was surprised too. Usually, I don't have to look for words), but I took the plunge. I could almost hear her say "nah" but she didn't. She , very graciously, accepted the invitation.

So, yesterday was my date with her. Yup, you read that right. It was a date with a capital D. For reasons of confidentiality and because I am kind of superstitious, I cannot divulge any more details. Suffice it to say, it was real life better than fiction. But the best part is the after-thoughts. Hours later, when I opened my car door, her fragrance was still lingering inside. The fragrance that split the atoms of my soul into a million rainbows. My heart went into fibrillation briefly but luckily it came back. A slide show of the images, from earlier that day, began in rapid progression in my mind. Random snap shots that had engraved themselves on my heart forever. The image of her walking towards my car from an acute angle. Kind of like a lethal projectile homing in on its target. Except that its payload was what Wordsworth could not possibly crytallize in words. Then an image of her looking out the window into a dark street and of I trying to drive and struggling to steal a few glances. No wonder I lost my way a couple of times. And then the image of her smile as she left.

I had read about "depersonalization". It is a phenomenon when one feels like one is floating outside of one's body and observing one's own self from the outside. Never before yesterday, had I ever thought that it really existed.

I was going to tell her all these things in person. I still am going to tell her a lot more. But of course, there is that initial hesitation. The fear of uncertainity and of the unknown. I am sure it will all melt away. Anyways, I know she is going to read all this. I hope she doesn't chide me but even if she does, I won't mind.

But any way, it was an evening to remember for ever. Thank you, C.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry.....you have such a beautiful heart. you will find your dream girl soon!

11:27 PM, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There are times in one's life when one feels the need to close one's eyes and thank God. Yesterday was one of those days. Anyway it was evening to remember"
May you have many more such times in life and evenings to remember. ( with D)

6:07 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Mogli said...

Good going Harry!!
See, it was not about the turban:-D
Chardi kala
Mogli of the jungle.

10:50 AM, March 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but was she a Sikh. In other words, could this be your future wife?

6:18 PM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Sat Shri Akal!

I feel very happy for you!
When it has to happen, it will happen.

Someone is always taking care of us!!!
Just trust!

1:13 PM, March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home