Site Meter

Friday, February 24, 2006

Me, myself and I

Each one of us is a unique aberration of the time-space continuum. I am no exception to this rule. Who I am is a confluence of the multitude of influences of my genes and my experiences. I am a Sikh but I think it is unfair to say that one could make statements about Sikhs from who I am. I have never feigned to be a perfect Sikh. On the other hand, I consider myself merely a naive student of Sikhism. I am also a young guy. I also grew up in the backyard of Punjabi culture where often one's importance among one's buddies is based on the basis of how successful one is with women. Indeed, that is not unique to Punjabi culture. That is solely a guy thing. Some would argue that it is so superficial and so ridiculous but hey, it is out there.

It might be hard to believe but I am not desperate for women. I am just desperate to take the next step in my life. I am also impatient by nature and do not like to wait. In my younger years, I was often told:" Puttr, padai kar la. Life da kuch bana lai. Baki galan bad vich."( Son, study hard and make a life for yourself. Other things can wait). Well, I did exactly that. I deprived myself of worldly pleasures so that I could carve out a life for myself. At this point in my life, I need to focus on the other things. But surprise, surprise. The other things don't come easily either. It is a whole goddamn saga in itself. Hence, the so called desperation.

All I am saying to the non-Sikh readers is that please don't form opinions about Sikhs from my views about women. The vice-versa, however, may not be true.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww Harry,
Your not desprate. You kno you did well for yourself and any women would be lucky to have you. You seem like someone who would make being married great. Keep your chin up and keep smilin
Jyoti

6:04 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home